Cedar Fork Baptist Church Records
Scope and Contents
The collection is comprised of membership directories, histories, photographs and other material documenting the life of the church. Included is a portrait of famed evangelist, Baxter Franklin McLendon.
- circa 1920s-2006
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
Biographical / Historical
Cedar Fork Baptist Church was established on April 22, 1805 by Elders George Roberts and Roland Gooch of the Flat River Association. The initial structure was a log cabin built on the land of Lewis Herndon. A number of successive buildings housed the congregation, and the now displaced farming community of Nelson grew around it. As of 2018 the church stands at the corner of South Miami Boulevard and Old Page Road. It is the second oldest surviving Baptist congregation after Eno Primitive Baptist Church, and the third oldest surviving congregation of any denomination in Durham County.
1 Linear Feet (5 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged at the folder level by subject.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Cora Ann Clegg
- Baptists -- North Carolina -- Durham County Subject Source: Local sources
- Church records and Registers -- North Carolina -- Durham County Subject Source: Local sources
- Churches -- Morrisville (N.C.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Morrisville (N.C.) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Schools -- North Carolina -- Durham County Subject Source: Local sources
- Finding Aid for the Cedar Fork Baptist Church Records
- Barbara Ilie
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Edition statement
- Processed by Barbara Ilie
- Gift Agreement