Ralph Rogers slide collection
Scope and Contents
This collection includes slides that depict buildings in downtown Durham from the 1950s to the 1990s. These photographs were taken by Rogers and show how the streetscape changed during this fifty year period. There are many images of buildings that have since been destroyed, and some photos even show buildings just after demolition.
- 1950 - 1998
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
Biographical / Historical
Ralph Rogers is a native Durham businessman and pharmacist. Along with his father, he operated Rogers Drug Company at the corner of Parrish and Mangum streets for fifty years.
0.30 Linear Feet (4 folders)
Language of Materials
The slides are foldered according to the slide carousel in which they were originally housed. For the most part, images are grouped geographically. The order of images in the folders and in the web exhibit is roughly the same, and it follows the order used by Ralph Rogers during presentations.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ralph Rogers
- Central business districts -- North Carolina -- Durham Subject Source: Local sources
- City planning -- North Carolina -- Durham Subject Source: Local sources
- Durham (N.C.) -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- Historic buildings -- North Carolina -- Durham Subject Source: Local sources
- Finding Aid for the Ralph Rogers Slide Collection
- Stephanie Barnwell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Gift Agreement
Part of the North Carolina Collection Archives Repository
300 N. Roxboro Street
Durham NC 27701 United States