Women’s Clubs of Durham collection
Scope and Contents
This artificial collection gathers together documentation of various women’s clubs of Durham. The documentation is primarily composed of programs detailing a club’s annual course of study. Many of the programs contain membership rosters, including information on club leadership. The clubs represented include: the Business and Professional Women’s Club, the Canterbury Club, the Durham Garden Club, the Eclectic Club, the Pierian Club, the Reviewers Club, the Symposium Club, the Tourist Club, and the Woman’s Club of Durham.
- 1907 - 1965
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
2 Linear Feet (1 document box, 1 oversize box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged alphabetically by club.
- Durham County (N.C.) -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- Women -- North Carolina -- Durham Subject Source: Local sources
- Women -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Women’s Clubs of Durham Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Edition statement
- Processor unknown. Updated by Barbara Ilie, 2019.
Part of the North Carolina Collection Archives Repository
300 N. Roxboro Street
Durham NC 27701 United States