Eugene Morehead memorial address
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of an "In Memoriam" program with a copy of a nine page speech by Julian Carr remembering his colleague Eugene Morehead.
- 1889 March 18
- Carr, Julian Shakespeare (Person)
This collection is open for research.
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
Eugene Morehead (September 16, 1845 to February 27, 1889) moved to Durham in 1879 and became a banker after growing up in Greensboro, attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with Julian Carr, fighting in the Civil War, and finishing his studies in 1868. He was also a Durham town commissioner and president of the board of education when grade schools were established in Durham.
Language of Materials
Physical Access Restrictions
Some of our materials are stored offsite. These items are not available for same day access and require advance notice to retrieve. Contact North Carolina Collection staff at email@example.com to plan your visit.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Durham (N.C.) -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- Funeral orations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morehead, Eugene, 1845-1889
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American -- North Carolina -- Durham Subject Source: Local sources
- Finding Aid for the Eugene Morehead Memorial Address
- 2019 January 19
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2012: Updated by Amy McDonald.
- 2019 October: Finding aid migrated to ArchivesSpace by Beth Morris Weiss.