Eugene Morehead memorial address
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of an "In Memoriam" program with a copy of a 9 page speech by Julian Carr remembering his colleague Eugene Morehead.
- 1889 March 18
- Carr, Julian Shakespeare (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
Biographical / Historical
Eugene Morehead (September 16, 1845 to February 27, 1889) moved to Durham in 1879 and became a banker after growing up in Greensboro, attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with Julian Carr, fighting in the Civil War, and finishing his studies in 1868. He was also a Durham town commissioner and president of the board of education when grade schools were established in Durham.
.08 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Finding Aid for the Eugene Morehead memorial address
- Beth Morris Weiss
- January 19, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Edition statement
- Item previously catalogued as part of Small Manuscripts Collection with various processors. Small Manuscripts Collection finding aid updated by Amy McDonald, 2012.