Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
A small collection of school-related records and Methodist newspapers from the George W. Burch family of Durham.
Benjamin N. Duke's calling card exemplifies one category of stationery a wealthy American used to announce their presence, record a visit, request a meeting, or accompany a gift.
The collection consists solely of a membership application card from the Durham Civic Association listing cost of memberships (annual $1, sustaining $5, life $50), to whom to apply, and the officers (president Mrs. T.D. Jones, vice-president Mrs. I.F. Hill, secretary Mrs. G.C. White, treasurer Mrs. S. W. Tucker).
The East Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Association Records consists of correspondence, minutes, roll books, yearbooks, booklets, bulletins, calendars, programs, and photographs that document the events, finances, history, and meetings of an organization of Missionary Baptist churches in Durham, Granville, Orange, Person, and Wake Counties in central North Carolina.
The collection consists of a sixteen-page booklet with a tied thread binding from a memorial program for Laura Valinda Watts. The booklet includes a glossy photo page with an overlay page of tissue or vellum and measures 6.5 by 9.5 inches.
This collection consists of 30 slide photographs depicting the life of the Elliott family from the 1910s until 1970, the majority covering the 1950s-1960s.
The bulk of the collection documents the plays performed by Pocket Theatre in the late 1970s. Other topics include correspondence, special events, and scripts that may not have been performed by Pocket Theatre, primarily written by Rebecca Ranson. Materials include newspaper clippings, posters and flyers, press releases, set sketches, handwritten notes, photographs, negatives, and slides. Materials are arranged in alphabetical order within each series.
- Subject: Durham (N.C.) -- Social life and customs X
- Durham (N.C.) -- History 4
- Women -- North Carolina -- Durham 2
- African American families -- North Carolina -- Durham County 1
- African American women -- Societies and clubs 1
- Baptist associations -- North Carolina 1
- Citizens' associations -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Civic improvement -- North Carolina -- Durham -- History 1
- Durham (N.C.) -- Genealogy 1
- Durham Civic Association -- Durham, N.C. 1
- Merchants 1
- Performing arts -- Management 1
- Performing arts -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- School children -- North Carolina -- Durham -- History 1
- Theaters -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Visiting cards -- North Carolina -- Durham 1 + ∧ less
- Duke, Benjamin N. (Benjamin Newton), 1855-1929 1
- Ranson, Rebecca, 1943-2017 1
- Watts, George Washington, 1851-1921 1