Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The collection contains a scrapbook and loose materials concerning John "Jack" Bond’s time as Durham’s county manager from 1984-1991. Titled “Jack Bond Comes to Durham,” the scrapbook tells the story of Bond’s experiences as county manager and his relationship with his staff through text and photographs. The photographs show various administrators with whom Bond worked, award functions, and administrative proceedings. The loose materials include letters congratulating Bond on his appointment...
Dates: 1984 - 1991
Scope and Contents This collection contains clippings, subject files, printed materials, postcards, scrapbooks and miscellaneous manuscropts, ephemera, and artifacts collected by Dallas W. Newsom, Durham county manager in 1930s and 1940s, and his daughter, civic leader and local historian and preservationist Dorothy Newsom Rankin.
Dates: 1892-1998, 2008
Scope and Contents The collection includes a 1956 appraisal report of the former Durham County Sanitarium with photographs of the exterior and interior, what appear to be records of late 1950's donations from county employees including Swindell, a 1974 plan for Durham City Hall, and a 1979 letter from health department employees requesting Swindell's assistance. Photos scanned as SA001-SA018.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1954 - 1979
- Subject: County government -- North Carolina -- Durham -- History X
- Durham County (N.C.) -- Politics and government 2
- Community life -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Durham County (N.C.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Choral Society of Durham 1
- Newsom, D. W. (Dallas Walton), 1873-1949 1
- Rankin, Dorothy Newsom 1
- Robinson, Battle Rankin, 1938- 1
- Southern Conservatory of Music (Durham, N.C.) 1