Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents The Durham Centennial 1953 Scrapbook, spanning from February 9, 1952 to March 2, 1955, includes newspaper clippings, a program and schedule of events, memorabilia, and meeting minutes from the Durham Centennial and Historical Commission. The celebration occurred April 26 through May 2, 1953 and included parades, a ball, performances, agricultural displays, and various other events.
Dates: 1952 - 1955
Scope and Contents The Durham County Extension Service Photograph Collection consists of 32 photographs of work done by the Extension Service in the 1920s through 1940s. All of the images can be viewed online here: https://dur.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default/search/results?qu=Durham+County+Extension+Services&te=ASSET
Dates: 1920 - 1965
Scope and Contents The collection is comprised largely of property appraisal forms completed as part of the City of Durham’s plans to redevelop the Hayti-Elizabeth St. area and the downtown business district. Appraisals often include photographs and architectural sketches of the properties. A series of loose photographs, most organized by street name, document the architecture of these areas. The collection also includes seven reel-to-reel audio tapes of meetings between the Durham Redevelopment Commission and...
Dates: 1964-1976, undated
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a sixteen-page booklet with a tied thread binding from a memorial program for Laura Valinda Watts. The booklet includes a glossy photo page with an overlay page of tissue or vellum and measures 6.5 by 9.5 inches.
Dates: ca. 1915
Scope and Contents The collection is primarily composed of material from the Sallam Cultural Center. Documents represent the center's work in promoting the region's blues and jazz music, producing concerts, and club management. Material includes calendars, flyers, menus, recipes, correspondence, and a club floorplan. There are several Author Party flyers from the Regulator Bookshop, including one for Senator Al Gore.
Dates: 1979 - 1983; undated
Abstract Steven Unruhe, a long-time Durham resident, is a retired educator, community activist, and local political figure. The Steven Unruhe papers document Unruhe's personal and career journey from an undergraduate activist for social justice with the World Student Christian Federation in California to his election to the Durham County Board of Education in 2016. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of material relating to Unruhe's work with Citizens for a Safer East Durham, a...
Dates: 1973 - 2016
- Subject: Durham (N.C.) -- History X
- Durham (N.C.) -- History 6
- Agricultural education -- North Carolina 1
- Blues (Music) 1
- Central business districts -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Christian life 1
- City planning -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Community activists 1
- Community life -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Community organization 1
- Durham (N.C.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc 1
- Durham (N.C.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Durham County (N.C.) -- Politics and government 1
- Education, Secondary 1
- Hayti (Durham, N.C.) -- History 1
- Hazardous waste sites -- North Carolina 1
- Home demonstration work -- North Carolina 1
- Jazz 1
- Journalism 1
- Journalism, High school 1
- Mathematics 1 ∧ less
- Durham Chamber of Commerce 1
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Redevelopment Commission of the City of Durham (N.C.) 1
- Regulator Bookshop (Durham, N.C.) 1
- Salim, Yusuf, 1929-2008 1
- Watts, George Washington, 1851-1921 1 ∧ less