Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Mary Ann Black Papers, 1964-2009, include materials from Black's time with the Durham County Board of Commissioners and with the Duke University Health System, as well as some personal materials. The bulk of the materials date from 1990-2000. Many of the materials relate to the Durham public school merger in the early 1990s.
Dates: 1964 - 2014
Abstract The Wib Gulley papers span 1981 to 2004. Gulley was a lawyer, environmental lobbyist, mayor of Durham for four years and a North Carolina state senator for 12 years. In addition to documenting his political career, the collection details public response to Gulley's support of anti-discrimination and gay rights and his support for establishing public transportation for the region. Items in the collection include personal and professional correspondence, notes, memoranda, meeting minutes,...
Dates: 1981 - 2004; Majority of material found within 1986 - 1993
Scope and Contents This collection contains news clippings, mailers and correspondence that document local and statewide political campaigns of progressive candidates, which Schewel often contributed to by assisting with copywriting and political analysis. This collection also includes political ephemera from local, state and national campaigns, as well as a handful of items that document Schewel's involvement with other community organizations and events.
Dates: 1978 - 2016
Scope and Contents The collection documents E. R. Williamson's life and work, including speeches made during his congressional campaign, writings, folders of campaign notes and clippings, and photographs. The bulk of the collection documents his run to represent North Carolina's Sixth District in Congress in 1950.
Dates: 1948 - 1956; undated
- Subject: Political campaigns -- North Carolina X
- Campaign literature 1
- Community health services -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Durham County (N.C.) -- Politics and government 1
- Family social work -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Gay rights 1
- Labor leaders -- North Carolina 1
- Labor unions -- North Carolina 1
- Local Elections -- North Carolina -- Durham County 1
- Local transit 1
- Public schools -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Public transportation 1
- Regional planning -- North Carolina 1
- Social work with youth -- North Carolina -- Durham 1
- Transportation -- North Carolina 1
- Urban transportation -- Planning 1 ∧ less
- Durham County (N.C.). Board of Commissioners 1
- Gulley, Wib 1
- Schewel, Stephen Matthew, 1951- 1