Showing Collections: 61 - 74 of 74
Scope and Contents The collection is primarily composed of material from the Sallam Cultural Center. Documents represent the center's work in promoting the region's blues and jazz music, producing concerts, and club management. Material includes calendars, flyers, menus, recipes, correspondence, and a club floorplan. There are several Author Party flyers from the Regulator Bookshop, including one for Senator Al Gore.
Dates: 1979 - 1983; undated
Scope and Contents The collection includes a 1956 appraisal report of the former Durham County Sanitarium with photographs of the exterior and interior, what appear to be records of late 1950's donations from county employees including Swindell, a 1974 plan for Durham City Hall, and a 1979 letter from health department employees requesting Swindell's assistance. Photos scanned as SA001-SA018.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1954 - 1979
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a stapled seven page booklet with three reprinted newspaper obituaries titled "Press Notices on the Death of Mrs. S. F. Tomlinson."
Dates: 1905 March
Scope and Contents The Triangle Jewish Chorale Records, 1994-2018, document the numerous performances put on by the TJC. The collection consists of various concert programs, Yo HaShoah programs (Holocaust Remembrance Day), photographs of members, items from an TJC Argentina trip, lists of singers throughout the years, fund-raising letters, and items used for publicity.
Dates: 1994 - 2018; undated
Scope and Contents The collection includes correspondence from Delos W. Sorrell's law offices regarding a land deed purchased in May 1932 by Arthur G. Barbee from Walter N. Turner and his wife Mary Turner, receipts from the 60 notes of payment on the deed made by Turner between 1929 and 1934, a 1929 deed for the land between the Turners and George C. Walker and R. E. Graves, and a 1921 deed to Turner by The Durham Land and Security Company.
Dates: 1921 - 1934
Abstract Steven Unruhe, a long-time Durham resident, is a retired educator, community activist, and local political figure. The Steven Unruhe papers document Unruhe's personal and career journey from an undergraduate activist for social justice with the World Student Christian Federation in California to his election to the Durham County Board of Education in 2016. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of material relating to Unruhe's work with Citizens for a Safer East Durham, a...
Dates: 1973 - 2016
Scope and Contents The USO Club Scrapbook, 1943-1944, consists of newspaper clippings, photographs, and invitations documenting the history of the Dillard Street USO.
Dates: 1943 - 1944
Scope and Contents The collection includes correspondence from historian R. Kelly Bryant to the Durham County Library and North Carolina State Archives, listings of more than 1,900 burials recorded at Violet Park Cemetery compiled by Carrie McNair, and two related newspaper clippings.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1913 - 1995
Scope and Contents The collection consists of newspaper clippings, photographs, brochures, correspondence, roll books, attendance cards, and meeting minutes. Of particular interest, the collection includes periodic brochures listing the club’s roster, as well as photographs of members. There are also a few short biographies, photographs, and pieces of correspondence relating directly to the death of W.E. Stanley on July 16, 1967.
Dates: 1959 - 1994; undated
Scope and Contents Photocopied scrapbook consisting primarily of newspaper clippings that concern Mamie Dowd Walker's 1942 to 1945 service as juvenile judge of Durham County.
Dates: 1941 - 1945
Scope and Contents This collection documents Webb's role as a member of the Board of Trustees of Wright Refuge, and the relationship between Wright Refuge and the Wright School. Correspondence forms the bulk of the material, but the collection also includes research files, news clippings, and Wright School publications and newsletters, as well as summaries of events compiled by Webb in the late 1990s.
Dates: 1963 - 1999
Scope and Contents The collection documents E. R. Williamson's life and work, including speeches made during his congressional campaign, writings, folders of campaign notes and clippings, and photographs. The bulk of the collection documents his run to represent North Carolina's Sixth District in Congress in 1950.
Dates: 1948 - 1956; undated
Scope and Contents This artificial collection gathers together documentation of various women’s clubs of Durham. The documentation is primarily composed of programs detailing a club’s annual course of study. Many of the programs contain membership rosters, including information on club leadership. The clubs represented include: the Business and Professional Women’s Club, the Canterbury Club, the Durham Garden Club, the Eclectic Club, the Pierian Club, the Reviewers Club, the Symposium Club, the Tourist Club, and...
Dates: 1907 - 1965
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a roster listing all who trained as Battery C of the 113th Field Artillery, whose members were from Durham, North Carolina.
- Durham (N.C.) -- Social life and customs 7
- Community life -- North Carolina -- Durham 6
- Durham (N.C.) -- History 6
- Durham County (N.C.) -- Politics and government 6
- Political campaigns -- North Carolina 4
- Women -- North Carolina -- Durham 4
- African Americans -- Segregation 3
- City planning -- North Carolina -- Durham 3
- County government -- North Carolina -- Durham -- History 3
- Historic buildings -- North Carolina -- Durham 3
- Public schools -- North Carolina -- Durham 3
- Campaign literature 2
- Central business districts -- North Carolina -- Durham 2
- Citizens' associations -- North Carolina -- Durham 2
- Community activists 2
- Community organization 2
- Cotton manufacture -- North Carolina 2
- Cotton textile industry -- North Carolina -- Durham 2
- Cotton textile manufacture -- North Carolina 2
- Durham (N.C.) -- Geneaology 2 ∧ less
- Regulator Bookshop (Durham, N.C.) 2
- Salim, Yusuf, 1929-2008 2
- Whichard, Willis P. 2
- Anderson, Jean Bradley 1
- Association for the Preservation of the Eno River Valley 1
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina 1
- Carr, Julian Shakespeare 1
- Choral Society of Durham 1
- Cranford, H. C. (Henry Clay), 1920-2004 1
- Crovitz, Elaine 1
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International 1
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International. Eta State (N.C.) 1
- Duke Blue Devils (Lacrosse team) 1
- Duke Power Transit Company 1
- Duke, Benjamin N. (Benjamin Newton), 1855-1929 1
- Durham (N.C.). Police Department 1
- Durham Chamber of Commerce 1
- Durham County (N.C.). Board of Commissioners 1
- Durham High School (Durham, N.C.) 1
- Durham Hosiery Mills (Durham, N.C.) 1 ∧ less